Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Dinner and chocolatey chocolateness!

So for Easter I made this awesome dinner, which was delicious if I may say so myself



Table setting
Asparagus with pearl onions, bacon, and lemon juice

 Garlic mashed red potatoes with the skin on.

Strip steak topped with garlic herb butter.

Spinach salad with feta, pecans, and dried cranberries.


Fruit salad yummy yummy.

Dinner was a success but Dessert was even better  I didn't get pictures of it, however it was so good that I thought I would share it with you.

 Chocolate pazookie with Chocolate ice cream

1C Flour
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
1 bar ghirardelli chocolate dark or milk which ever you prefer
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp good vanilla

In a double boiler, or if you are ghetto like me and don't own one just use a metal or glass bowl that fits snugly over a pot with a little bit of water in it, on the stove over med low heat melt 1/2 the bag of chocolate chips and butter stir and remove from heat when nearly melted,  then add the vanilla and set aside.

In a separate bowl combine cocoa, flour, salt, and baking soda.

In your stand mixer add sugar and eggs with the paddle attachment, mix on low for 1 min. Turn the speed up to med, with mixer on slowly pour in chocolate. Mix for 2 min reduce speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients. Then hand stir in the other half of the chocolate chips and the bar of chocolate chopped into large chunks. Or you could substitute white chocolate chips and nuts if you wanted.
Then press into small ramekins for individual servings or into a pie dish for sharing.
( these also make great cookies just cook a little longer)
bake 325 for 10-12 min for individual and 15 for pie dish , depending on your oven and how you like it, I like the edges to be mostly cooked and the middle to be a little raw. Top with your favorite chocolate ice cream and serve hot!

1 comment:

  1. I really think you are one of the best cooks I know. I want to make everything I see here!

    Tristina Agulaira? I LOVE you guys, hilarious. He really is such a cute boy, I am glad Shep idolizes him!

    ReplyDelete