Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summertime and the livin's busy

We Eyestone's have been incredibly busy lately! Almost everything we've had going on has been just plain ol' fun I just feel like a taxi and my car looks like a garbage truck to prove it. Last week was especially fun filled to the brim.
Mon: watched my nieces McKenna and Addy had a tea party and played lots and lots
Tue: went to the library for a super fun balloon show with Sarah and Merrick then started swim lessons later tried to work out with Randi and instead spent 2 hrs putting rowdy kids to sleep. Good thing she loves us.
Wed: got the townhouse prepped for renters purchased and moved a fridge for said rental.
Thur: Last day of summer school for Mo he brought doughnuts in for his birthday, errands and finally handed over the keys to the Bradley's our super nice renters. Then raced to Aaron's wedding dinner which was awesome. They had a luau with fire dancers and we got to see aunties and uncles and cousins who we love. Before bed snuck out to wally world with T to pick out the perfect B-day present for little bro.
Fri: was Mo's 6th birthday man I am old! We went to the splash pad in the morning with my friend Sarah and her boy Merrick. Sarah was kind enough to take her daughter in law to be (violet) so I could watch cars 2 in peace with the other three kiddos, my mom and little sis Shelby. Then I raced to the temple only to miss the big moment :( I was pretty bummed about that. Next I grabbed a cake for Mo from Sam's, I did feel guilty about not making Morgan the frog cake he asked for, but it was green and I didn't have to heat up my house! Then we raced home to change and get ready and headed off to Peter Piper Pizza for an impromptu birthday party. We surprisingly had a good turn out for 5 hrs notice. Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, Sarah, Jeremy and Merrick, and Randi sans Harold were all in attendance. Morgan got wonderful gifts and loved playing and watching my six foot + father ride the mini carousel. My Dad and Linda were kind enough to take the older kids and Randi took the babe so Golden and I could attend the reception that night in peace.It was definitely awesome to see what a perfectly matched couple Aaron and Breylynn are and to get to celebrate and remember why I love my extended family!
Sat: Kid free(almost I still had Vy) I cleaned my house from top to bottom, did laundry, and homework till 3:30 when Goldy got home and somehow managed to get the night off. We met my Dad and Linda at Macaroni grill for a yummy dinner and relieved them of our little monsters.Before we got home we stopped by blockbuster for 6 free movies and then goodwill for a $9 Sony DVD player!(we needed a second one for all the flicks). Then we had a fun movie night, I almost didn't mind vacuuming up mounds of spilled popcorn later oh wait....
Sun: We attempted to go to church but ended up at home after sacrament with three kids in time out for poor behavior. The evening ended with an unintentional party when Mallory, my dad and Linda, and Randi and Warren all came over for chips and salsa and phase 10. It was so fun even though the claws came out!
Mon: Since Randi and Warren had spent the night at The Eyestone hotel we had breakfast together at IHOP and then went swimming. Next we had lunch at Grandma Sheila's and played in the kiddy pool. We ended our fun packed week at Grandpa and grandma Johnson's for dinner, inflatable water slide time, root beer ice cream and a fireworks show compliments of grandpa's fireworks stash.
We had a fabulous fourth and enjoyed all the time spent with family and friends. I just hope things can slow down a little for the sake of my sanity!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment