Monday, July 11, 2011

When it rains......


Uggggghhhhh! that pretty much sums up my weekend. Why does it seem like when it rains it pours? This weekend was filled with refrigerators, the one in our rental broke after one week of us owning it. I contacted the seller and lets just say he obliterated what was left of my faith in humanity. I offered to take a partial refund since the thing worked for like 3 days and he refused. So we had to just suck it up and buy a new one.On top of that we have had a leaky condenser, homework,a giant phone bill, and Poor Tristan's B-day fell in with all the drama.  Yesterday Golden spent all day moving 3 refrigerators (Thanks to Warren and Jake for helping him!!!!!). We ended up buying a new one off CL and putting it in our house and putting ours in the rental. Then an hour after getting the new one home it wasn't cooling. Needless to say I was stressing thinking why isn't this working out. And of course the added stress was causing friction between Golden and I. I was feeling a bit picked on and started feeling like, really? Heavenly Father, you thought I could handle this? I was questioning things like why wasn't I inspired not to buy the bum fridge in the first place? I knew I needed to pray but I wasn't feeling much in the mood. Finally I just made myself cause I knew I'd feel better. So Gold and I knelt down and asked Heavenly Father to allow the fridge to cool and for us to be able to have peace in our home again. It never ceases to amaze me that when you least want to, you most need to seek the Lord in prayer and ask for his peace. It may not solve your problems but it always makes it easier to have faith and move forward. By the end of the evening the fridge was ice cold , Golden and I liked each other again, and I felt much better. I hope hope hope this is the last drama for a while but even if it isn't I know it will be okay cause I can always share my burdens with my husband and the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment