Sunday, May 22, 2011

G + S = Smoooooch!

Ever wonder how all this began? In honor of mine and the misters upcoming anniversary on the 31 st ( the luckiest day of the year since it is also my grandparents anniversary and the day I graduated High School, Go Jackrabbits!) I thought I would tell you all the looooonnngggg version of how we met in my best 19 yr old voice. The only thing is it will take me prob about 3 posts to complete so you will have to stay tuned for the whole scoop.
Part I: G+S the prequel
Way we shoulda met #1:
Before I met the man I call honey I was in an institute class at CGCC (Golden also went there at the same time yet somehow we never met) with a charmingly obnoxious boy named Clint Overton. Every girl on the planet had a crush on him so it should be no surprise that when my two best friends at the time, and I had him as a waiter at Gecko Grill (where Golden also worked yet I never met him there either) and he gave us free drinks, we responded as most silly girls do and left him each of our phone numbers. Clint happened to be Golden's best friend and he was also working this particular night and says he remembers telling Clint that he should call us. For whatever reason it never happened, I like to think it was because I wasn't quite ready to meet my husband to be yet.
Way we shoulda met #2:
At CGCC I took a psychology of gender differences class with a very outspoken boy named Ben Morris who for some reason seemed familiar to me, we often saw each other around campus and would say hi. You have to know that I was a little obsessed with Saturdays Warrior( awesome LDS movie that you should watch) at the time so I thought there must be a deeper reason why he seemed so familiar. The day I found out that he was engaged to cute Lexi, I can literally remember where I was on campus when I said to myself kiddingly, "Maybe I'm supposed to marry one of his friends." Ben just so happens to be one of Golden's good friends. You don't have to believe me but I swear this is a true story.

So the first night I met Golden wasn't actually the first night we hung out. I met him at a party at another boys house and he was wearing a red track jacket and cool jeans but the thing that really caught my eye was his horse shoe belt buckle. I was obsessed with horseshoes and had at least 5 horseshoe necklaces that I wore all the time. I also had started getting into big flashy belt buckles, far before the trend I might add, I even owned and wore a few myself. Naturally the first words I said to golden were Nice belt buckle, and of course he earned major cool points just for wearing it.This was the first time we "met" but it doesn't really count cause my compliment on his belt buckle was the whole of our conversation.

The last time before the first time:
A few nights after the party but before we officially hung out, my mom and I had dinner at Gecko Grill together and I pointed him out as the guy with the cool belt buckle. I remember saying something like I thought he was cute and my mom saying yeah he looks like your type. Boy isn't that the truth?

Will Golden and Shaunell Ever officially meet? What was their first date? Find out all this and more in the next installment of G+S=smooch.

3 comments:

  1. k, i love this. you + golden are the best couple & have built the freaking cutest family. love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I can't wait to read more! I didn't know all this. I'm just so glad you finally did meet! Kevin and I were in the same institute class at CGCC before his mission. I'm so glad we didn't meet then. We just weren't ready yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was smiling from ear to ear reading this, I love it! You have me on the edge of my seat. You guys are SO CUTE! Happy Anniversary on the 31st, also Meda's birthday, truly a good day.

    ReplyDelete