Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I REMEMBERED!

So in my last post I mentioned that I had thought of and then forgotten about something I wanted to blog about. Well I remembered, yay for you!
The topic is my BIG mouth! In this world there are two types of people ones who shut up and ones who speak up. I am without a doubt one who speaks up. One of my secret desires is to be featured on the TV show What would you do? with John Quinones. My big mouth applies to pretty much any area of my life, ask my HOA, Qwest, Direct TV, The guy who sold me a superfluous warranty on my car, Anyone who has ever cut me in line kindergarten and up, etc etc.  More specifically I am a big mouth when it comes to saving $$$$$.

Funny story, last week my wonderful in laws; Lee, Gayle, Mallory,Taylor, and Zach all helped us paint our front room in prep for moving. Well, the men folk picked out and purchased the new Behr paint with primer which claims to cover in one coat. Originally when we painted the room teal it took a little less than 2 gallons of regular paint to cover the entire room, but as we were painting over it, two cans didn't seem to cover it and it looked like we needed a third gallon. I was not a happy camper contemplating buying a third gallon when, if the paint lived up to its claim, one coat should have been enough. So I marched myself down to the paint counter and gently explained that I was dissatisfied with the product hoping that at best I would get some sort of discount or even just an address to write the manufacturer. but it must have been my lucky day cause the kindly old gentleman who helped me generously gave me the can gratis! This is one of like a million examples of when my outspoken personality has saved the hubby some $ or aggravation . He used to kinda be embarrassed, like when we went to  restaurant and they got my order wrong and instead of just eating it like he would, I would usually end up waiting for the right meal and a little discount besides. Now he is so used to it, I think he even appreciates it .
Even though I speak up when I feel wronged I also speak up when I am the one in the wrong like when I figured out that I didn't pay for something at Sam's as I was putting a baby in the car to leave, so the next time I was there I asked to be charged for 2 of that item to make up for the last time. The cashier was like seriously you really don't have to do that no one will know. For me I always think I will know and  losing integrity is not worth any little $ amount that I might gain at anothers expense even if it is just a big corporation.
Are you a shut up or speak up type of person?
What is something that you have spoken up about?

1 comment:

  1. I am a shut up type of person, but so envy you speak up peeps! I wish I or at least Travis was more like that. Sadly, not so. I am glad you remembered, I love hearing your stories! You are extraordinary :)

    ReplyDelete