Friday, June 10, 2011

G + S = Smoooooch! Part II

I KNOW it has been weeks since I last posted and our anniversary has come and gone. It was nice in case you were wondering. we took a break from moving/unpacking/fixing up our old place/trying to rent it out, and stayed overnight at the Hilton in Scottsdale for only $55 I might add. We had a nice dinner at a darling little authentic Italian restaurant where we tried prosciutto and melon yum and then spent the rest of the evening enjoying our childlessness while watching cable and stuff. I do feel guilty for leaving all 5 of you hanging so here is the rest of the story.
Hmmmm where oh where did we leave off? Oh yeah I was just about to tell you our official how'd ya meet story that we ell everyone and that still makes me smile.
Kemra and Dean's wedding Val Vista Lakes:
Neither Golden nor I were officially invited to their wedding but our best friends were so Golden was there as Clint's guest and I was there with one of my BFF's Liz Nielsen (sorry I still can't get used to calling you Elizabeth). Also in attendance was my other BFF Sarah who hot stuff that she is had a date. I looked especially hot that night cause Liz and I were on the prowl j/k. Sarah had just cut and dyed my hair, no she's not a hair dresser but she was mine. I was also wearing a perfectly styled ensemble chosen for me by Liz out of her amazing closet which I always coveted.So we got there and were waiting in the line looking out and who should we see but Golden and Clint looking right at us. We motioned for them to join us and the jerks responded by gesturing that they were getting food. Liz and I were like, oh no they didn't and immediately decided to shun them if we ran into them again. We didn't meet any other cute guys so we decided to leave. As we were walking past the gift table Liz was like oh crap I forgot to bring the gift. I was driving so I said I would take her to pick it up and go back as long as she just ran in and dropped it on the table. She agreed and in a few minutes we were parked in front of Val Vista Lakes gift in hand. Liz annoyingly begged me to come in with her cause she was thirsty and wanted to grab a drink while we were there, at the time I was so mad cause I just wanted to get out of my heels and into my jammies but I agreed and boy am I glad I did. We  dropped off the gift and made a B line to the punch table and who do you think we ran into? The two nerds who dissed us earlier. I pretended not to see them so they didn't think we walked over just for them. Luckily, they approached us. Golden likes to say that I was forward cause I quickly asked if they wanted to hang out but I was more just not willing to spend any more time in heels talking to them if it wasn't going anywhere. So we all walked out and agreed to meet at Sarah's house and Golden got my phone number in case they "got lost".Fun Fact: he entered my # in as Hot Stuff and that is still my ID to this day. As we were walking out Liz asked Golden what his last name was and he was like Eyestone. Liz thought it was cool but as soon as we got in the car I was like oh my gosh that is the worst last name ever, can you imagine if that was my last name? I'd be Shaunell Eyestone, good thing I'm not marrying that guy! heeeheee jokes on me.
Stay tuned for the last and final installment of G+S if you are not so sick and tired of it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment