Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Smooch the Final chapter

.....................So that night we had lots of fun playing games and watching Shanghai noon with Jackie Chan whom we both love, we got to know each others ironic sense of humor through a sarcastic round of apples to apples. When the guys left that night I was thoroughly convinced that Golden was not interested and they would probably not call us again. To my surprise the next afternoon which was a Wednesday  around 3:30 my phone rings and it's Golden asking if I want to go to dinner and hang out. I was honestly confused for two reasons one Golden is a high context communicator meaning you have to pay close attention to be sure of what he is really saying and two he really gave me no indication that he liked me. I thought maybe he was calling because we were the only two who exchanged numbers and his friend and mine hit it off the night before so I asked if Clint was coming and he was like no Clint's at work so I said okayyyy I'll call Liz and see if she wants to go. He must of thought that I really didn't want to go out with him cause he was totally asking me on a date and for some reason i was just not getting the message. Liz didn't want to come and tried to convince me he was asking me out but it wasn't until he insisted on driving to Mesa from Chandler to pick me up and then drive back to chandler to go to Pei Wei, then opened my door, and insisted on paying that I was finally convinced that we were on a date. Sometimes I can be such as blond. We had a really good time talking and laughing, we found out that we both were true Weezer fans and Pinkerton is our favorite album. I knew I really liked him though when we got on the subject of womanly issues. I died laughing at his funny stories and at the end of the night I opened a fortune cookie which read you or a close friend will be married by the end of the year. I have never since had one that said that, and Golden works at PF Changs! Well after a few weeks of dating I was surprised to find that I loved him. So I kiddingly asked him what his intentions were and he said well if things keep going like they are then I'll probably have to make you Sister Eyestone. We teased about how in our families if you call someone jerkface then it means I love you .That night we both called the other Jerkface and a few years ago I even engraved it into Golden's wedding band in honor of this story.  On Valentines day 1 month from when we met Golden proposed at a cutely decorated gazebo over a candlelight dinner with rose petals and music. First he gave me a pretty necklace and offered to do the clasp for me, ever the smooth operator he asked me to turn and show him and when I did he was on one knee with the box open in his hand and he told me that he would be the happiest boy in the world if I would be his wife. I said yes and we were married 3 months later.

I love this story and you would be shocked to know that i could write about two more pages but i won't. Lucky you. Marrying golden was truly and sincerely the best choice I have ever made. I know you all think your husbands are pretty great but they could not possibly be as great as mine! Eight years may not seem like much but  Gold and I both agree that in this day and age still being happy in your marriage after eight years is a pretty big accomplishment.  I have loved writing this story, it has made me grin from ear to ear and I look forward to telling it to our grandchildren someday in the very distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment