Friday, August 26, 2011

I lub poopies, play bolleyball.......

Anyone who knows my hubby well knows that he is low maintenance and asks for very few things....at all....ever. Example: in the last 8 yrs we have been married he has owned literally one pair of jeans at a time! He wears the same pair day in and day out , when we were first married I would fight him on the matter and even purchased a second and third pair gasp, but they were never worn. Anyway I digress, he has lately been bothering me about getting a dog. This topic comes up about every few years and Golden either impulsively brings home some poor mutt who will sadly end up elsewhere/my MIL's, or we pay actual $ for a dog that ends up on Craigslist mere months later (I am not a horrible dog hating person and this has only happened a few times.... and mostly for good reasons, like my carpet/sanity!). I finally decided that we were cat people why? I'll tell ya why, they clean themselves, are not loud, do their own thing and put up with the little people around here who like to poke fingers into perfectly good eyes.Last tangent I promise, I have a really funny cat story. Fi-Fi/ rotten princess enjoys herself a good howl anytime she hears the word No. Well one time she was howling on the floor like she just saw her favorite doll dismembered, she was soo loud and I guess our cat Al just got sick of it so he ran up to her quick as lightning and B-slapped her so she would shut up. He didn't scratch her he just pawed at her face. She was shocked and looked at me stunned before I busted up laughing and she joined in, all I can say is Hey it worked, she stopped crying! Back to the dog sitch, Well since we have moved into a place with a yard and a doggy door Gold cannot help himself, all he can think about is that perfectly good doggy door going to waste. So slowly he has worn me down and my definitive "N. O.'s" have turned into "well maybies". He finally convinced me when he came up with a scheme that makes a dog almost seem useful. He wants to breed dogs on the side. He has even held off from just buying the first little fuzzy thing with four legs and we have done research on what type of dogs are good with kids, easy to potty train, are not hyper and make cute puppies with a Yorkie. After much deliberation we have decided on a miniature Schnauzer.That is her in the pic, she will be so cute once we get her groomed up proper like. I am actually really excited we get her tomorrow.We are now just thinking up names. Would it be tacky to name her a name I wanted for Violet but was too chicken? P.s. Any ideas? Pass them my way! On another side note, this may sound weird but I think having puppies around the house will really fill the void of not having more babies.Grrr Violet, don't you know you were supposed to stay a baby for much much longer!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't Golden get to name the dog? She sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does... but we are both brain storming ideas there are a few we both like but no final choice yet.

    ReplyDelete