Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas

  It has been an insanely busy couple of weeks which have included 3 Christmas parties 2 of which were at my house, a missionary farewell and open house, family in town, a kitchen "remodel/mold removal" which displaced us from our home for 3 days, a new babysitting gig, and one less car all in the midst of Christmas shopping/present wrapping/treat making. Phew I am exhausted just talking about it. With all this going on I have somehow had time to reflect on what Christmas really means to me. And I find that I am amazed that for one month out of the year everyone is just a little bit more generous and thoughtful. Whether people acknowledge Him or not, everyone who celebrates Christmas is truly celebrating the birth of Christ. The tradition of Christmas lives on and though it may be a more commercialized version, many unite in celebrating the birth of the Savior of the world. I feel so blessed to be living the life I have, though I experience struggles and challenges which sometimes feel unfair and overwhelming. I have known and experienced my Savior's love for me. I have time and time again received blessings and answers to my prayers right when I needed them most. And I know that when no one else understands me, He does and He truly knows my heart and intentions. I am exceedingly grateful for the Birth of Jesus Christ and for his life and mission here on earth. Words cannot express my gratitude for Him and His humble birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment